How does Health Card Validation work?
- Once the health card number is sent electronically to the MOH, it
will take that information and compare it to their database of all
- The MOH will send a response back informing the end users if the
health card number submitted is valid.
- That information will be saved to the Cerner database.
- A valid response is good for the calendar day. If a patient returns
the next day another transaction will be sent for that health card
number and version code.
- All of this will take place at the time of registration and/or scheduling.
Who does this affect?
This implementation will affect everyone who schedules or registers
patients in the Cerner system. Health Card Validation will be done in
Cerner from the following applications:
- Department Order Entry
- Anatomic Pathology
- Batch validation based on appointments booked for specific day, location,
Anyone using the above applications will validate health card numbers.